Dr. Shashank Shah
Director, Lapro-Obeso Center, Pune (India)
Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon
MS, FICS,FIAS, Honorary FIAGES , Honorary FMAS, FALS, Diploma -IRCAD(France )
Want to take proctorship? fill the form below
Dr. Shashank Shah is an expert laparoscopic bariatric i.e.obesity surgeon in India. He is a director of Laparo-obeso Centre which is a centre for treatment for weight loss and weight related metabolic diseases.Dr.Shashnak Shah is a president of OSSI-Obesity Surgery Society of India-which is the biggest association of surgeons in this field in India. He is the head of department of laparoscopic i.e. minimally invasive and bariatric surgery in Prestigious institutes in Pune as well as Mumbai.Dr. Shashank Shah is the surgeon certified for international Centre of Excellence certified by Surgical Review Corporation-a respectable Certifying body by American society of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
Dr. Shah's clinical research work based on his unit's data on metabolic surgery for reversal of diabetes and on his specialty obesity surgery is published in index journal and well recognized. Multiple national and international publications and presentations in international congress like American society of metabolic and Bariatric surgery (ASMBS), International federation of society for Obesity surgery (IFSO), and many more are credited in his name. He has served as an invited presenter for multiple international forums like International federation of society for Obesity surgery and American society of metabolic and Bariatric surgery.
- SAGES: Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons.
- SLS: Society of Laparo Endoscopic Surgeons of USA.
- ELSA: Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia.
- IHPBA: International Hepatopancreaticobiliary Association.
- IHPBAIndia: Indian Association of Hepatopancreaticobiliary surgeons.
- ASI: Association of Surgeons of India.
- IAGES: Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo surgery.
- AMASI: Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, as Founder member.
- AMIS Pune: Association of Minimal Invasive Surgery, Pune, as Founder Secretary and Trustee.
- IMA: Indian Medical Association.
- PSS: Poona Surgical Society, India.
- IFSO: International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity.
- OSSI: Obesity Surgery Society of India – as Secretary
- AIAARO : All India Association For Advancing Research In Obesity.
- IASO : International Association for Study of Obesity
- APBSS: Asia Pacific Bariatric Surgeons Society, as Founder member.
- APHS: Asia Pacific Hernia Society.
- ASMBS: American society of metabolic and bariatric surgery. Affiliate surgeon.
- IBSRC: International Bariatric Surgical Review Committee.
- Editorial board member of International Journal Of Obesity Surgery.
- Member of an expert panel for International Sleeve Gastrectomy Expert Panel.
- President OSSI.-Obesity surgery society of India
- President-IEF ( International Excellence Federation) India chapter
- Editorial Board Member –Obesity Society Journal –official journal of IFSO ( International Federation for Surgery for Obesity )
- Director – Laparo-Obeso Centre:Comprehensive treatment for Obesity and related metabolic diseases and a Training center for Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery.,certified CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE.
- Honorary Surgeon Poona Hospital and Research Centre, Pune, B.J.M.C., Sassoon General Hospital, Pune, Postgraduate teacher for Diplomat of National Board.
- Executive council Member and Founder Member Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI).
- Founder Secretary and Trustee-Association of Minimally Invasive Surgeons, Pune
- Past Secretary-Poona surgical society
- Member of board of International Bariatric Surgical Review Corporation (IBSRC).
- Invited member WebmedCentral plus Bariatric And Metabolic Surgery Editorial Board as a specialty editor
- Editorial Board Member : Bariatric times
- Faculty for AETF –Asia Endosurgery Task Force
- Visiting professor for IRCAD (Research Institute against Digestive Cancer) France-Strasbourg's University Hospital.
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Obesity and Metabolic Research (JOMR)